Just drop it in your MODS folder like normal.
- If you use the Mobile Base Claim Terminal you must build a base teleporter, otherwise when you attempt to teleport to base you may have some serious problems.
- I'm not kidding about the Base Teleporter needing to be built on Cubroid flooring. If you build it outdoors you can put it anywhere but for some reason it'll only allow you to place it indoors if it's on Cuboid Flooring. Basically, the teleporter invisible box is a little bit bigger than 1 floor so if you put 2 cuboic boxes on top of each other... fill in between them with cuboid flooring then it'll let you place the teleporter. I'm working on a better solution but this works for now.
- The alien buildings don't snap yet and if you build them on ground that isn't flat they probably won't look so great.
- In all honesty you're going to be better off building where the game gives you bases to build on... this will allow you to put the pieces wherever you want but that big chunk of flat ground is invaluable.
- Don't build more than 1 trading post in the same general area... they seem to use up a lot of resources graphics card wise and you may see other buildings "disappear" they're still there but they get unloaded by the game when it runs out of memory.
- If you build every added building on your base you will experience a slower loading time when first loading up the game if your saved at your base. This is due to the game having to load up a lot more stuff than it normally would.
- If you build a crazy huge base, performance will be affected. This should be expected.
This mod changes the following files and is incompatible with any mods that change the same files.
It also modifies most of the vanilla material files for the buildings to make them recolorable, however it's unlikely any mods are going to modify those files so I'm not gonna list them here.
This mod also contains CustomModels but no custom textures so performance should not be affected.
Compatibility with Other Popular Mods
There are a few other popular mods that add buildable items and I wanted to address some compatibility issues with those mods.
- Eucli-EA - WinderTP has released a compatibility mod that makes SimCity 5300 and Eucli-EA compatible. You should download that as well as this mod and use the .pak file that has "SC" in the name
- RayRods Overhaul - SimCity 5300 needs to over-write RayRods mod-pack to be compatible so you will want to rename SimCity 5300 .pak file so it starts with zzz so that it's loaded last. RayRods Overhaul doesn't add anything that isn't already included in Eucli-EA or SimCity 5300 except some buildable sentinels (which I previously released and will add back in future updates) so if you want full functionality download the Eucli-EA patch, this mod and rename both of those .pak files so they start with zzz and they'll overwrite the stuff in RayRods modpack.
- Any other mod that adds buildable items - Will not be compatible with SimCity but if you come across something let me know in the comments and I'll see if a patch should be made.