No Mans Sky Save Editor
Since No Man's Sky first came out, I was always annoyed that I couldn't just link up my jetpack mods in my exosuit. After many tedious searches, I came across a save editor that allowed me to do just that, but for some reason I couldn't get it to load my permadeath saves. So I decided to rewrite it in Java for fun and as I dug deeper and added more functionality, I think it has become a pretty useful tool.
- Easy to use UI.
- Ability to organize inventory (exosuit, multitool, ships, freighter, vehicles, and base storage)
- Move items and technology around (drag & drop, right-click menu)
- Add items and technology (right-click menu, CTRL-drag & drop)
- Repair items and slots (right-click menu)
- Unlock additional slots (right click menu), and resize inventories (to maximum 8x6)
- Ability to change data values, such as number of units, classes, seeds, and base stats, etc.
- Ability to view more information about each of the items in your inventory, such as in-game description, names, etc.
- Ability to edit the known technology, products lists, words, and glyphs.
- Ability to recharge all technologies, refill all item stacks, expand all inventories to 8x6, and enable all inventory slots using a simple menu option.
- Ability to edit the game stats that are used for milestones and faction reputation.
- Ability to edit the raw JSON in the save file (for advanced users only).
- Automatic backup and recovery of all saves (in case you screw up something).
For further info & change requests, please PM me.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to an empty folder somewhere.
- Run the bat file (or the jar file if the file extension is associated to java).
- When the main window opens, locate the folder that your saves are in, and choose the most recent.
- Start tinkering!
NOTE: Java Runtime Environment 8 is required.
1.3.24 - Update
- Updated editor to support save file changes introduced in NMS 1.38 (Experimental).
1.3.23 - Update
- Fixed bug where seed value was not saving correctly on shorter seeds (0x01, etc).
- Fixed bug where editor was not saving a field value when using CTRL-S.
1.3.22 - Update
- Added ability to view glyph and galactic coordinates using "Coordinate Viewer" menu item.
- Added ability to warp to other systems (in ship) with the new coordinate viewer.
1.3.21 - Update
- Added check to allow breaking of slots ONLY on inventories that are valid (ship & multitool).
- Fixed issue where grenade launcher and boltcaster were not being recharged using the "Recharge All" feature.
- Fixed issue with permadeath saves introduced in 1.3.20.
1.3.20 - Update
- Added ability to "Break" inventory slots (right-click menu), for those who like to make things more difficult for themselves!
- Fixed issue where moving items could result in the items landing on "Broken" slots. Now they can only be moved to fully usable slots.
- Added "Build Cost" field to Item viewer dialog.
- Added compression for backup files, and changed the save process to target the oldest file name (same as in-game save process).
1.3.19 - Update
- Added "Recharge Base Planters" menu item.
NOTE: This will only recharge the planters that have been recharged once before, solution to this is in progress.
- Updated for NMS 1.35.
1.3.18 - Update
- Added Ship Health field (only editable for primary ship).
- Improved data checks in JSON editor, with better error messaging.
You can now delete the contents of a selected block, and it will delete it rather than trying to set it to no value.
- Added "Milestones / Reputation" tab.
- Added steamid lookup for directory names.
1.3.17 - Update
- Improved Find dialog in JSON Editor (CTRL-F).
- Added IDs to the lists in the Discovery tab.
- Updated various font sizes to be more consistent with operating system settings.
1.3.16 - Update
- Reformatted all images to reduce the overall download size (now 30% what it was).
- Added "Change Stack Sizes" button to inventory view.
- Added ability to merge stacks of the same item together using drag & drop.
- Added icons to known technology / products lists.
1.3.15 - Update
- Added "Expand All Inventories" and "Enable All Slots" functions to the Edit menu.
- Added tooltip for inventory items on mouse over (displaying full name of item).
- Added new sidebar to JSON editor (for viewing/editing parts of the tree).
- Added ESC hotkey to close common dialogs.
- Updated datafiles for NMS 1.33 release (changes to known words list).
1.3.14 - Update
- Updated all remaining inventory containers to use 8x6 maximum size.
- Renamed some of the Substance categories to match in-game values.
- Added categories and sorting functionality to "Discovery" boxes.
- Added various recharge/refill all functions to the Edit menu.
- Added CTRL-drag feature for duplicating items in inventory.
1.3.13 - Update
- Added Known Words section to "Discovery" tab (renamed from "Technology").
- Increased limits on multitool inventory size to 8x6.
- Fixed display issue in Add Item dialog.
- Changed stat save process to add the stats in if the ID doesn't exist (should fix issue with freighters pre-1.3).
1.3.12 - Update
- Visual improvements to many of the editor dialogs.
- Added debugging option to startup.
1.3.11 - Update
- Fixed issue where freighter stat was not being saved properly on freighters bought prior to NMS 1.3.
1.3.10 - Update
- Changed the File Open dialog to be more intuitive. This now lets you see your save files and select them individually.
1.3.9 - Update
- Added buttons for random seed generation.
- Added freighter NPC race and seed values.
- Added base NPC seed values (hired NPCs only).
- Fixed issue with Freighter stats not being copied to all locations in the save.
1.3.8 - Update
- Added fix for multiple menuitems attached to same shortcut key.
- Added debugging for when the editor "flashes" an error message and won't start up.
1.3.7 - Update
- Minor adjustments to the UI (inventory selection and expansion buttons).
- Increased the max size of tech inventory on suit, ships, and freighters to 8x6.
- Added Fill/Recharge menu item to context menu, and removed the amount from the Item Viewer dialog.
- Added ability to revert to old saves using the Filename dropdown (sorted in most recent order).
1.3.6 - Update
- Added Portal Glyphs to Technology tab.
- Fixed bug in JSON Editor window when closing.
1.3.5 - Update
- Added the ability to add/delete items from inventory.
- Added the ability to expand the width and height on certain types of inventory.
- Fixed issue with unexpected number formats in save file causing read errors (possibly due to other mods).
- Changed "Show JSON" menu item to "Edit Raw JSON", and made the dialog editable (be careful when using this!).
- Added icons for inventory items.
1.3.4 - Update
- Removed add all function from technology and products list, and replaced with a single/multi selection dialog to give more control. Also added a removal button to each list.
- Added the ability to move items into other inventory containers (with some restrictions), using right-click menu. Items are restacked as needed.
- Fixed issue with Exotic Ships reverting to Shuttle when opening a save.
1.3.3 - Update
- Fixed bug where "ghost freighters" were being added to save files where a freighter hadn't been bought yet.
- Added ability for app to remember last save directory on startup.
- Added class and stats to freighters.
- Fixed bug in startup for some game files.
1.3.2 - Update
- Increased the maximum for multitool and ship stats.
- Added freighter types (be careful changing this if you are currently in your freighter).
- Added ability to add all technology and products to the known lists.
1.3.1 - Update
- Fix for inventory out of bounds on some save game files.
- Added ability to edit health, shield, and energy of the player.
- Added ability to edit class and base stats of the multitool.
- Added ability to edit type, class, and base stats of ships.
1.3 - First public release (for Atlas Rises).