No Man’s Sky Save Editor (Beta)
The reason I removed some features is because they were not working when tested.
I created an NMSSE Support Discord server. If you are experiencing issues, please consider joining: https://discord.gg/9HBrxGE
Allows for modification of many aspects of a save file.
- Ship health
- Multi-Tool ammo
- Weapon seed
- Known tech
- Known products
- Exosuit slot count
Q: Why can't I start NMSSE since 1.0.2-beta.1?
A: The most likely cause for this is that in the previous version, you selected the "Binaries" folder as the installation path instead of the main "No Man's Sky" folder. If you go to your Documents and find the "NMSSE" folder, there will be a settings.ini file inside. You can either open it and remove Binaries from the end of the path, or delete the settings.ini entirely.
Q: Why won't NMSSE start?
A:This is most often caused by choosing the wrong installation path for No Man's Sky when you first start NMSSE. Go to DocumentsNMSSE and delete a file called "settings.ini". After doing that, launch NMSSE again and make sure you choose the folder that contains the Binaries folder, and not the Binaries folder itself.
If that doesn't help, try installing .NET Framework 4.6 if you don't already have it.
If all else failes, feel free to message me about it with detail.
*Your save folder is automatically backed up before the modified save files are written.
Backups can be found in %appdata%HelloGamesNMSBackup
If you are experiencing any issues, please send me a private message here
Shoutout to Brendson for the video!
Extract "NMSSE.exe" anywhere on your computer and double-click it.
- Updated to support NMS 1.2
- Removed the JSON editor added in the previous update (may or may not be added at a later time when/if I fix it entirely). The text editor has been left as-is.
- Removed ship and freighter types.
- Removed ship and freighter seeds.
- Removed ship and weapon inventory slots.
- Added new known technology and products.
- Removed theme.
- Added new JSON editor.
- Added support for freighter type.
- Added support for freighter seed.
- Added "max" buttons next to all numeric stats, along with a "Max All" button in the tools dropdown.
- Reload button now refreshes the open menu.
- Renamed "Raw JSON Editor" button to "JSON Editor" and moved it from "Advanced" to bottom of tools dropdown.
- Fixed crash when trying to load a save that contains known items added by a mod.
- Minor internal changes.
- Updated to support NMS 1.1 (Foundation Update)
- Internal changes.
- Added weapon inventory slots value.
- Added option in Settings to enable/disable auto-backup of save files.
- Added button in Tools to generate a seed for ship or weapon.
- Added button in Tools to clear waypoints.
- Changed open menu so that a * will appear next to the most recently saved slot.
- Known tech and product lists now show their in-game names as well as the ID.
- Removed old dialog for adding new tech and product IDs in favor of a new dialog that presents a list of tech or products that are not in the known list.
- Can now view and edit the raw JSON from within the app.
- Fixed save resetting with GOG saves.
- Values will not be overwritten if they are not changed.
- Fixed issue where users with non-Steam installations had to choose NMS's install path every time they start the editor.
- Added a "Backups" button in the Tools>Open folder... menu which opens the backups folder.
- Fixed (hopefully) issue where user's ship inventories were reset when changing amount of slots.
- Changed so that the save file will be reloaded after clicking the save button.
- Fixed issue where some values could not be set if over a certain amount, resulting in an error when loading a save.
- Ship types with a * next to it indicate that your game will crash if you set it to that type.
- Beta release