No Mans Sky: Base Builder for Blender
A plugin for Blender to help build bases in No Mans Sky.
- Build bases for No Mans Sky using proxy representations for building parts.
- Complete freedom of movement when placing building parts - use Blender manipulation tools to translate and rotate base parts wherever you want.
- Define presets to build complex items quickly. Share or download presets online.
- Save and Load bases.
- Import and Export base data compatible with the No Mans Sky Save Editor.
- Latest Base Builder Release (https://github.com/charliebanks/nms-base-builder/releases)
- No Mans Sky Save Editor (https://nomansskymods.com/mods/no-mans-sky-save-editor/)
- Blender (https://www.blender.org/)
- Installation Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zN82oueFTE
- Simple Use Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXcguoROM-A
- How to use Presets Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFIvRH5-S0I
- Download the latest release. (https://github.com/charliebanks/nms-base-builder/releases)
- Open "User Preferences" in Blender.
- Go to the Add-ons tab.
- Click "Install Add-on from File..." at the bottom of the window.
- Select the downloaded zip file.
Presets are stored in your "C:UsersUSERNAMENoMansSkyBaseBuilderpresets" (or equivalent) directory.
These can be downloaded and shared with other people. You can find a few basic presets I've made on the nexus
mod page - https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/984?tab=files.Mod Compatibility
At this time the tool is designed only to work well with the vanilla game.
Mods that implement additional base items are supported but will only display as basic cubes.
All other functionality should still work including the import and export to the game.
- Improved obj's of CUBEFLOOR, C_WALL_Q_H, BUILDPAVING and BUILDPAVING_BIG.
- Added obj for BUILDSODA2L and CUBESTAIRS.
- Added options for defining and building presets.
- Added obj for large paving, pipe and curved pipe.
- Added a tool button to toggle between visible, ghost and hidden room parts.
- Added display support for various decorations and other items...
- Ceiling light
- Cube Inner Doors
- Cube Walls
- Large Desk
- Robotic Arm
- Shelf Panel
- Roof Monitor
- Weapon Rack
- Plant Pot
- Main room Window
- Initial release
- Limited set of base parts, unsupported items will create simple cubes.