No Mans Sky: Base Builder for Blender
A plugin for Blender to help build bases in No Mans Sky.
- Build bases for No Mans Sky using proxy representations for building parts.
- Complete freedom of movement when placing building parts - use Blender manipulation tools to translate and rotate base parts wherever you want.
- Define presets to build complex items quickly. Share or download presets online.
- Save and Load bases.
- Import and Export base data compatible with the No Mans Sky Save Editor.
- Latest Base Builder Release (https://github.com/charliebanks/nms-base-builder/releases)
- No Mans Sky Save Editor (https://nomansskymods.com/mods/no-mans-sky-save-editor/)
- Blender (https://www.blender.org/)
- Installation Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zN82oueFTE
- Simple Use Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXcguoROM-A
- How to use Presets Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFIvRH5-S0I
PresetsPresets are stored in your "%USERPROFILE%/NoMansSkyBaseBuilder/presets" directory. These can be downloaded and shared with other people. You can find a few basic presets I've made on the nexus mod page - https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/984?tab=files.
- Download the latest release. (https://github.com/charliebanks/nms-base-builder/releases)
- Open "User Preferences" in Blender.
- Go to the Add-ons tab.
- Click "Install Add-on from File..." at the bottom of the window.
- Select the downloaded zip file.
The tool is designed towards supporting the vanilla game as much as possible, however any additional base parts introduced by mods will display as cubes but will still be able to import/export to the game.
You can introduce your own OBJ's by adding them to your user directory folder. The layout for this should be...
The names of categories is up to the user.
The obj file name should reflect the name of the part in-game.
- Added under water parts to the list.
- Added and improved snap point information and relationships.
- Improved appearance of L shape hallway pieces.
- Implemented first phase of mod support. (see readme for more details.)
- Light objects now create blender lights.
- Improved room visibility switch to display current mode.
- Added "Lighted" as an option on room visibility.
- Added colour options.
- Improved overall UI. Changed to collapsable areas and added button icons.
- Changes to snapping information.
- Added nice name mechanism to base parts.
- Improved and added various models.
- New Snapping area in the tool. With convenient Duplicate button. (Expect some items would not snap yet!)
- Items with compatible snapping will automatically snap on creation.
- Fixed a bug where the tool would dissapear when no item was selected.
- Re-organised Basic parts into more granular categories (floors, stairs, walls, etc)
- Improved obj's of CUBEFLOOR, C_WALL_Q_H, BUILDPAVING and BUILDPAVING_BIG.
- Added obj for BUILDSODA2L and CUBESTAIRS.
- Added options for defining and building presets.
- Added obj for large paving, pipe and curved pipe.
- Added a tool button to toggle between visible, ghost and hidden room parts.
- Added display support for various decorations and other items...
- Ceiling light
- Cube Inner Doors
- Cube Walls
- Large Desk
- Robotic Arm
- Shelf Panel
- Roof Monitor
- Weapon Rack
- Plant Pot
- Main room Window
- Initial release
- Limited set of base parts, unsupported items will create simple cubes.