No Man’s Connect – Online Location Manager
This is a location manager that syncs your current game's coordinates, uploads them to a server, and indexes a list of everyone's coordinates using the app. It also provides a map that plots your coordinates relative to the center of the galaxy.
Please back up your save files!
Windows users: If you have any issues, try running the app as an administrator before submitting a bug report.
- Works without an NMS installation.
- Works offline.
- PC players can teleport to locations, including manually registered ones.
- Syncs coordinates while the game is running after each save
- Drill down locations by: * Galaxy * Screenshots * Names * Descriptions * Distance to center * Least modded * Bases
- Upload coordinates and have them tagged with your Steam ID
- Add descriptions to locations for other's to view
- Map all locations on a galaxy map
- Optionally view all locations on a 3D map
- Ability to switch game modes
- Write name and descriptions
- Favorite locations
- Detect mods and list them with locations
- Use the Insert key to trigger in-game overlay in borderless mode
- Upload screenshots, and optionally have them taken automatically upon save
- Unlockable cheat menu
- Backup and restore your base and move it to new locations
- Download other people's bases and import them into your game
- Support for Windows 7, 8.1, 10, and most Linux distributions
NMC uses Matthew Humphrey's nmssavetool for signing the save data, and the cheat menu functionality was ported to JS from it as well.
monkeyman192 provided the formula for transferring base data to different locations.
Thanks to both of them, the supporters that have helped out with server maintenance, and bug reporters! A list of contributors can be found in the app's About dialog.
Run the installer and the app will start. If online functionality is missing, restart the app as administrator.
How do I clear the location cache?
Go to the tool menu and click "Reset Remote Cache".
I started up the game, teleported to a location, and it didn't update my save file.
Since v0.18.0, NMC selects the last modified save file regardless of difficulty mode. You may want to make sure the file you want modified is saved before using NMC (e.g. entering and exiting your ship will do this). A fix for this will be looked at in a future release. The difficulty mode selection from the app will still be reflected in locations that are uploaded.
How do I upload screenshots manually?
On the stored location list, click a location you have uploaded. Click the ellipsis (...) menu on the top left corner of the location box on the bottom right corner of the app window. You should see an "Upload Screenshot" option.
I can't teleport and locations won't sync.
This was fixed in v0.19.0. Please make sure you are using the latest version.
My username reset to Explorer.
This could be caused by editing
settings.jsonin C:/Users/-you-/AppData/Roaming/NoMansConnect while the app is open. If this happens, close the app, and edit the
usernameproperty in the settings JSON file. Make sure which ever editor you used to do this is closed before relaunching NMC.
I upgraded to 0.3.1 and my locations are not uploading/updating.
Try clearing the contents of C:/Users/-you-/AppData/Roaming/NoMansConnect, and restart the app. Your locations will be re-downloaded from the server as you scroll through shared locations.
My explored locations don't have screenshots automatically.
This is opt-in, go to the tool menu at the top and click "Screenshots: Manual" to toggle auto capturing.
Images are broken.
Make sure you are using version 0.6.0.
My automatically captured screenshots are black.
This feature only works when NMS is in borderless mode.
I can't register locations, or modify my existing locations.
Due to API changes, you must be on version 0.6.0+ to modify your locations.
I can't teleport to stored locations.
Make sure you are running the app in administrator mode. This is the only feature of the app requiring it until I replace nmssavetool and encrypt the saves natively.
I can't download any new locations.
After upgrading to 0.9.0 you may need to clear your remote cache. This option can be found in the tool menu in the top navigation.
I teleported to a location and my game is crashing.
Some locations are uploaded by users using certain mods that create non-standard location data, and other users using that location data without the mods can brick their game. Provided people specify their NMS install path, a list of mods will be attached to locations in order to prevent this. If this happens, teleporting to a known working location usually fixes it.
Things that connect to remote servers are scary!
Only data needed to fulfill the functionality of the app is sent to the NMS Connect API. It is contacting neuropuff.com.
View it on Github.
Important change in v1.1.2
- Username protection has been changed so users now need to associate an email with their profile before it can be enabled. This is needed because there is no way to recover a protected profile without manual intervention, otherwise. All users without a recovery email have had protection removed from their profiles, and need to set one to continue using protection mode.
- Addressed an issue that could cause the username to change when teleporting (#72).