No Man’s Connect – Online Location Manager
This is a location manager that syncs your current game's coordinates, uploads them to a server, and indexes a list of everyone's coordinates using the app. It also provides a map that plots your coordinates relative to the center of the galaxy.
If you don't see other people's coordinates you will need to run the app as an administrator for now.
This includes a binary of Matthew Humphrey's nmssavetool for decrypting save files.
* Works without an NMS installation.
* Works offline.
* PC players can teleport to locations, including manually registered ones.
* Syncs coordinates while the game is running after each save
* Drill down locations by:
* Distance to center
* Least modded
* Upload coordinates and have them tagged with your Steam ID
* Add descriptions to locations for other's to view
* Map all locations on a galaxy map
* Optionally view all locations on a 3D map
* Ability to switch game modes
* Write name and descriptions
* Favorite locations
* Detect mods and list them with locations
* Use the Insert key to trigger in-game overlay in borderless mode
* Upload screenshots, and optionally have them taken automatically upon save
* Unlockable cheat menu
* Backup and restore your base and move it to new locations
* Download other people's bases and import them into your game
* Support for Windows 7, 8.1, 10, and most Linux distributions
In order to fix bugs as quickly as possible, I need bug reports to be submitted to this project's Github repository. Disqus is inadequate for bug tracking. I also need more information so I can reproduce your issue myself while in debug mode.
- Description of the problem
- Windows version
- Absolute path to your storage_x.hg files.
- Absolute path to your NMS install directory.
- What does NMC.log say?
- How can this bug be reproduced?
Run the installer and the app will start. If online functionality is missing, restart the app as administrator.
I upgraded to 0.3.1 and my locations are not uploading/updating.
Try clearing the contents of C:/Users/<you>/AppData/Roaming/NoMansConnect, and restart the app. Your locations will be re-downloaded from the server as you scroll through shared locations.
My explored locations don't have screenshots automatically.
This is opt-in, go to the tool menu at the top and click "Screenshots: Manual" to toggle auto capturing.
Images are broken.
Make sure you are using version 0.6.0.
My automatically captured screenshots are black.
This feature only works when NMS is in borderless mode.
I can't register locations, or modify my existing locations.
Due to API changes, you must be on version 0.6.0+ to modify your locations.
I can't teleport to stored locations.
Make sure you are running the app in administrator mode. This is the only feature of the app requiring it until I replace nmssavetool and encrypt the saves natively.
I can't download any new locations.
After upgrading to 0.9.0 you may need to clear your remote cache. This option can be found in the tool menu in the top navigation.
Things that connect to remote servers are scary!
Only data needed to fulfill the functionality of the app is sent to the NMS Connect API. It is contacting neuropuff.com.
View it on Github.