NMS Modding Station
NMS Modding Station
A little helper for creating mods for No Man's Sky. This tool was created to ease up the process of putting a mod together. It's primary aim is to cut down on some of the steps that are currently being done by hand but can be accomplished programmatically.
- Simple Interface
- Links to useful pages and other modding tools
- Setup the tool with directories you already use
- Unpack game files in a directory you choose
- Easily copy files into your project with their folder structure
- Decompile MBINs and Compile exmls with just a click
- Pack your mod with option to give it a name
- Smart mod packing. It will only pack the files needed for the mod.
- Settings for the mods you create for auto naming
- Version management for the mods you create
- Copy the mods you create to your PCBANKSMODS folder with a click
PSARCTool - This tool is built in and customized slightly to allow for custom names and selecting output directory. Thanks periander!
MBINCompiler - This tool is required. Thanks to emoose, monkeyman192 and all the other contributors!
Also another big thanks to monkeyman192 for testing and suggesting features!
Thank you to Amonomen for providing a new library to use with the PSARC tool. Now unpacking games files is quite a bit faster.
Just extract "NMS Modding Station.exe" from the archive and double click it.
MBINCompiler -- https://github.com/monkeyman192/MBINCompiler/releases
You will find the most recent releases of MBINCompiler on the Modding Discord here https://discord.gg/EwCD9zE
If you are not on Windows 10 you will need:
- Fixed issue with spaces being in file paths
- Fix for hang up when MBINCompiler has an error
- It will no longer freeze while editing a file
- Added ability to set your own text editor
- An option to view the MBINCompiler log has been added to the context menu
- Sign up for email notifications for future updates
- Fix for the new overwrite prompt in MBINCompiler
- Fixed case sensitivity for file extensions
- New settings dialog
- Option to make vanilla unpacked files readonly
- Option to be able to pack EXML files into pak files
- Numerous bug fixes
- Prevented having path files that are too long for .NET
- Added missing file types to the smart mod packing feature
- Prevented processing or deleting any file in the Unpacked Game Files list
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't save the path to the PCBANKS directory.
- Thanks JJhookah!
- Made unpacking game files faster. (50% faster for myself) Thanks Amonomen!
- When unpacking the game files the UI will not lock up and there will be a progress bar.
- Removed auto detection of game files. Now just set the path to your PCBANKS folder in the setup menu.
- Use backspace on the keyboard to go back a directory while navigating files
- Made 'Pack Mod' smarter. Now it will not include files in the pak file that are not needed for the mod. (Like zip or text files, or images that are not textures)
- Fixed bug that prevented creating a new .pak file named the same as one that already existed.
- Bug fix and small improvements
- Added "Date Modified" and "Size" to list views
- Added project settings and version management. Set Mod Author, Mod Name and an option for version management.
- Added status bar
- Added the ability to create pak file from anywhere in your project.
- When packing mod the tool will exclude exml files. Now there is no need to go through and delete them before packing.
- Option to copy pak files from the tool to PCBANKSMODS directory
- When you copy your first pak file to the PCBANKSMODS directory it will check if you are correctly set up to use mods and fix it if necessary
- Option to open PCBANKSMODS directory
- Initial Release