This has been overhauled to only include mods that I feel are essential to the game and need patches for compatibility. I have removed a lot of mods from previous versions to actually make this more customizable. For example, I removed mods that alter the flight mechanics as there are multiple versions of those mods that conflict with each other but no other mods and are really personal preference.
I am working on a big project currently that will require NMSMasterMod as a dependency so I want to make sure NMSMasterMod is as lean and efficient as possible. Please see the "Recommended Mods" section below for the additional mods I would recommend installing along-side.
Mods included will:
- Be fully compatible with each other, this is the number 1 priority
- Make every effort to follow NMS Vanilla art style and theme.
- Avoid changing the difficulty of the game drastically (mods that make the game inreasingly easier will not be included).
- Make every attempt to avoid negatively affecting performance.
- Allow maximum customizability and compatibility with other popular mods not included (thus the addition of the [Recommended Mods](# Recommended Mods) Section).
- SimCity 5300 by theFisher86
- Buildable vehicles, buildings, teleports and more. All fully customizable with color
- Megaliths by MsrSgtShooterPerson
- Huge towering rocks and plants to make the game way more alien
- Constructs by MsrSgtShooterPerson
- Great structures that follow the vanilla art style perfectly (most use freighter textures).
- Alien Structures by Gamer
- More amazing alien structures, many with interactable landing pads and the ability to build within them!
- Dismantle Core Components by Koori254
- Allows you to dismantle all the components on your ship and move them around. Do Not dismantle something you don't have a recipe for!
- Exocraft Scan Booster by Tub0Crisco
- Remixed to require the vehicle scanner upgrade level 2 (originally worked on normal scanner)
- Provides more scan options
- Origins - A Story Untold by Nadalle
- New models and buildings with a some lore to go along with them!
- Efficient Harvesters by homesick
- Makes Harvesters make sense to use.
To ensure maximum compatibility A LOT of really awesome mods were removed from this mod pack. Not because I don't think they're awesome but because they were one of multiple options and I don't want to restrict people by forcing them to use the mods I like.
- A Flight Model Overhaul - there are many options but some of the most popular are:
- Dark Space by jeveir- This makes the game look awesome but may cause performance issues. If you add it and your FPS drops like crazy, bummer.
- Everything Tradeable by Rapta - I think this is pretty cool but it dramatically changes how the game is played as you can buy/sell everything now.
- More Ships per System by jaszhix - Great for screenshots and is fantastic but it does mean that your univerese will be highly populated. Also with NMS Master Mod, due to the landing pads on some of the Alien Structures models you may have a swarm of pilots flying around your planet if you're nearby an Alien Structure with landing pads.
- No Man's Customs by JakeBurchDev - I almost didn't remove this one because it's so great but not everyone may want an extra fast vehicle. But I would almost say this is required, it makes the game so much more fun.
- CJs Warp Mod by cjhaley - The warp effect in vanilla is stupid, this fixes that.
- Better Landing by elca - Allows you to see and land on landing pads from farther away.
- Big Quads - Just makes Quads larger, looks cool
Important Stuff to Remember
- DO NOT ask mod creators for updates or ETAs on updates or demand things. For every update request/demand/ETA I receive I will stop working on the mod for that day (thus delaying the update). This is by far the most annoying aspect of modding and is what causes mod creators to quit modding. Please don't do it.
- We're all doing this for free.
- There is a distinct limit to what is possible via mods in No Man's Sky. A lot of games have systems that just aren't existent in NMS (for example, scripted events). This makes things that you see in other games really hard to do in this game. So when making feature requests, suggestions, etc please keep in mind that there's a lot of stuff we can't do.
- Bug reports are always welcome, however, bug complaints are not. Report the problem, don't complain about it, this isn't your companies IT help desk.