NMS Development Environment
- description Description
This app provides an easy way for people to create mods for No Man's Sky.
- Select game PAK files, and the app extracts the PAKs with PSARC, and decompiles MBINs with MBINCompiler automatically.
- Select which files you want to rebuild into a pak file, and the app will compile and compress automatically.
- Experimental merge conflict reconciliation is attempted when building pak files with conflicting EXMLs.
- View the decompiled EXML files in a tree view showing which pak file they originated from.
- Robust code editor built in using Monaco.
This hasn't been tested much yet, so assume there will be bugs and report them to the Github repository. Thanks!
- speaker_notes Installation
- Install the app.
- Select the workspace directory you want to use.
- Open pak file(s), and the app will copy them to the workspace directory and start processing them.
- Wait patiently.
- Start modding!
- event_note Changelog
- Added a context menu for the file tree. Includes Select/Deselect All, Expand/Collapse All options, and Remove From Workspace.
- Fixed a couple issues preventing PAK files from being created.
- Fixed the importation step getting stuck when PAK files contain no MBINs.
- Fixed the syntax coloring not switching to XML, after selecting a BIN file.
- Added more logging, including when the app attempts to merge conflicting EXML files.
- Added support for BIN files.
- Fixed a bug excluding non-EXML files from from built PAK files.
- Fixed a bug causing all the workspace files to be re-processed when adding files to the workspace.
- Fixed the scroll range visibility in the file tree when several PAKs are expanded.
- Improved the extraction and decompiling processes.
- Addressed issues with the status not updating.
- Made the file tree sidebar resizeable.
- Updated MBINCompiler to the newest release.
- Fixed an issue causing PSARC/MBINCompiler to not work when spaces are in the workspace path.