Hardcore Milestones

  • description Description

    This mod updates milestone thresholds to be considerably more challenging. Milestones have been increased at each level to be between 10 and 500 times the original requirement. As of version 1.4, due to some feedback, milestone distributions have also been changed; level 1 milestones have been reset to the original vanilla values, and a higher weight has been put on milestone levels past level 5. For Journey Milestones, 25% of the effort is required to reach level 5, and 75% for level 10. See the Chaneglog for more detail.

    See included HardcoreMilestonesTable.xlsx file for specific milestone thresholds.

    Note: The milestone popup screen you get that shows the number per milestone is not affected by this mod. So that screen will show the incorrect value, but the actual value is correct. That is a minor aesthetic annoyance, but has no impact on gameplay. Just mentioning it here in case it confuses anyone.

    Now also modified Race/Guild milestones!

  • speaker_notes Installation

    1. Extract ZIP file to No Man's Sky GAMEDATAPCBANKSMODS folder.
    2. Remove or rename DISABLEMODS.txt in PCBANKS folder

    NOTE: This mod will conflict with any mod that modifies LEVELEDSTATSTABLE.MBIN or LEVELEDSTATSTABLESURVIVALMODE.MBIN.

  • event_note Changelog

     

    Version 1.4

    Updated to work with Visions. Additionally, due to some feedback, the milestones have been adjusted:

    1. Initial level 1 milestones have been reverted to the original, vanilla game values. 
    2. All milestones have been adjusted to where milestone level 5 = 25% of total milestone value
      1. Example: The units acquired level 10 milestone is 1,000,000,000 units. Level 5 is 250,000,000. So for all milestones, it takes 25% of the effort to achieve milestone level 5, and the remaining 75% to achieve level 10
      2. Another example: The extreme survival level 10 milestone is 360 sols; it takes 90 sols for level 5
    3. This change was made to make it easier to hit important milestones for story progression, while still making it a challenge to do so. 

    Now also updates 'milestones' for races and guilds as well. In general, requirements are 10x what they were previously, with a few exceptions:

    1. Negative and neutral values remain unchanged. Standing, for example--level 3 is 0, and level 1 and 2 are less than 0. Changes do not begin until level 4.
    2. No changes have been made to Words Learned or Distance Warped.

    Version 1.2 

    Updated to also work for Normal mode

    Version 1.1

    Initial version, adds more challenging milestones for Survival/Permadeath

  • Report