AʀᴍᴀᴅA is a mod focused on procedural, original spacecraft designed by yours truly with custom textures and models done from the ground up! AʀᴍᴀᴅA is oriented more towards massive spacecraft, specifically freighters.
BE SURE TO READ THE INSTALLATION NOTES BELOW BEFORE INSTALLING!
ArmadA's Alpha 2 adds a new capital ship and small freighter to accompany the game's existing types! Overall, ArmadA now features three ship classes!
* AʀᴍᴀᴅA freighters may start billowing smoke at random when summoned from planet's surface. Not sure what causes this.
* Collision is very imperfect (much like the vanilla freighters) and uses mostly box collisions. You may end up crashing into something farther than it should be, or suddenly entering the freighter's geometry - it should barely happen however or not at all with regular play.
* Summoning an already purchased AʀᴍᴀᴅA freighter may cause a crash - it is unknown what causes this, but it should be impossible entirely as of the first release. If this happens at all, purchasing a Savesafe vanilla freighter should fix the problem.
- Introducing the Akupara, a massive super-capital ship, available for purchase if found!
- Introducing the Shvan, a small patrol frigate! Attack it for its greater wealth - at equally greater cost!
- Added missing warp-in trail effects for the original Vahana freighter parts.
- Adjusted positions of engine flares so the sprites clip less often with the models.
- Initial Release
As AʀᴍᴀᴅA enters its very limited initial release, there are more plans in the future to greatly expand the mod including...
* More parts to increase the variations of existing freighter designs!
* Small/tiny freighters to accompany the convoy!
* More unique freighter designs. Think the Bentusi harbor ship or the Higaaran mothership from Homeworld!
* Possibly new personal spacecraft class to accompany the game's existing ones!
Please ask for my explicit permission first before including my work in your modpack. You are free to unpack and study or modify the content, but you are not allowed to redistribute the mod and its contents in any form without said permission. Thank you for respecting my work. :)
Remember to BACKUP your saved games before installing potentially save-altering mods like AʀᴍᴀᴅA! Prepare to clean up your existing freighter if you have one just to make sure you don't suddenly lose anything - unless, like me for whatever reason, you only have a single cactus in your freighter base!
You will notice three files are included in this package - you'll need only two of them.
AʀᴍᴀᴅA Core - this package contains all of AʀᴍᴀᴅA's assets and is obviously necessary to even play the mod at all.
The other two packages are spawner options, dealing largely with the technicality of adding custom assets into the game - pick only ONE of the two!
AʀᴍᴀᴅA Savesafe Spawner - this is the RECOMMENDED spawn system. If you use the savesafe spawner, it will cause all freighters in the game, including vanilla freighters, to reroll their looks. You may suddenly end up with an AʀᴍᴀᴅA vessel, a different vanilla freighter, or nothing changes at all (like if you have a vanilla capital freighter). This is preferable as even after you remove the mod, your save will not brick and instead link to a vanilla freighter whilst preserving at least (hopefully) your freighter inventory and tech, but likely not your freighter base. This allows your save to be ready and compatible for any future official update or just the removal of the mod.
AʀᴍᴀᴅA Seedsafe Spawner - if you don't intend to purchase an AʀᴍᴀᴅA freighter, or any new freighter, and keep your existing freighter as-is and just want AʀᴍᴀᴅA as extra eyecandy, the seedsafe spawner ensures your existing freighter will not be altered, only changing freighters that spawn in the game forwards. HOWEVER, if you then purchase *ANY* freighter at all (including vanilla ones) while the Seedsafe Spawner is active, your save will become unusable upon removing the mod unless you perform some save-editing as your save will have permanent references to AʀᴍᴀᴅA that will crash the game without AʀᴍᴀᴅA installed.
If none of that explanation made sense - just pick the Savesafe Spawner!
- Initial release of AʀᴍᴀᴅA, introducing a single new procedural freighter class, ready for purchase and occupancy!