Which are the files defining POIs that spawn on planets?

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Help Which are the files defining POIs that spawn on planets?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      xenons
      Participant

I’m fine in decompressing and compiling MBIN files.

I would like to complete the Cartographer map scan result to reward a specific POI, I know how I can do that, but the POI I’m looking for is a rare beast: It’s a ‘base computer in the wild’, which is a very big flat terrain with a base computer in the middle. A base computer is defined as BASE_FLAG, but the exml files I have searched do only show it as object or product, not as part of a POI. This POI could have a name that I don’t know.

There must be some folder or file defining all POIs that the game spawns at default. Thanks very much to point me to that !

xenons
      Participant

Ok, the folder for POIs is the Model folder BUILDINGS in the Biome section. But this is a total mess, not everything that spawns on the planet does appear here, for example Shelter is hidden inside SHACK, and it’s not clear wether other things can be spawned on planet, like BASECOMPUTER in the PARTS section. I was only able to add the Portal to the cartographer and I had to re-write the Scannings in the SIMULATION section. Making serious modding with NMS is a core.

I will try to make this base computer appear in ship radar if at all possible. Also this forum should be much more populated…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.