[Request] Throttle Response Smoothing for Ship

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Talk [Request] Throttle Response Smoothing for Ship

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      senshudansenshudan
      Participant

When the throttle is pressed, the ship shakes & sputters for a few seconds and then takes off like a bolt. Can we not have an instant, smooth, analog response? (Think GT3; when throttle is given, it matters how hard you press, and there is no delay.)

With LowFlight (now with hover ability) installed, the only real complaint remaining with the ship is *throttle response*. (Well, that and landing. For whatever reason, the ship doesn’t want to land from hover, but I can deal with that.)

senshudansenshudan
      Participant

Ok, I noticed that holding L2 after launch functions as a smooth, if slow, throttle, so I kinda got what I wanted from the default game. It’s great for slow speed maneuvers, and if you’re patient it will get you to ~2/3 full speed.

But that square button (main throttle) – the way it kicks in always reminds of a cat wiggling its butt before pouncing.

senshudansenshudan
      Participant

So you hop in your ship, lift off, and.,..

preparing to accelerate…

senshudansenshudan
      Participant

Holding L2 after launch also provides a bit (quite a bit) of straight up lift. (Seems like a light touch is more lift than forward…?) This will usually get you free of any “entanglements” the you might otherwise have, such as getting hung on a transmission tower. This also allows you to point the nose down more as you move forward, much like accelerating in a helicopter.

It’s very useful for checking out structures from hover; you can circle the buildings very slowly or get lined up (on a ruin – supposedly following the line of a ruin leads to portals, but it’s hit or miss for me so far).

Best use (for me) is to use L2 until I get a little speed up and then switch to “square” (main throttle).

I hope someone finds this helpful!

• senshudan
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.