Request – Scanning creatures from your ship

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Talk Request – Scanning creatures from your ship

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      James Daw
      Participant

I think I know the answer to this but worth an ask.

crankycatcrankycat
      Participant

There’s a place for scanner ship upgrades in the game but no blueprints exist. Maybe you’ll get lucky and someone will find removed blueprints for something like that because HG decided to remove the option. If not there might be a whole set of functionality that just isn’t loaded while you are on your ship.

I usually just fly to different locations where there are landing pads or beacons so I don’t waste fuel and have a quick look around. Also, if you land somewhere with lots of animals you already discovered then they’ll regenerate if you reload with a new mix if you’re lucky (and a bit desperate). Don’t forget to look for large bodies of water to scan. If something lives in caves then you’ll still scan them from the surface but I’ve only ever found something that lives in caves once.

James Daw
      Participant

Thanks for the reply, I have the acheivement for the creature collection. Would be good if the did add it in at some time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.