[Request] Free Flight/Hover feature

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Talk [Request] Free Flight/Hover feature

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      NowhereMan2014
      Participant

Alright so to me and a good handful of people, the flight maybe a little clunky in ways like landing not on the designated spot, forced to fly above the low altitude “wall” on planets, list could go on but really the main factor for me is that I am not able to fly in low or be able to brake into a landing. I would enjoy the factor of being able to crash your spaceship by accident, and not by game bugs. While I understand this maybe a rendering issue or whatever, it would still be nice to know if just removing that invisible wall from the allowed airspace and the ground was possible.

Thanks for reading.

15cyndaquil
      Participant

LowFlight by Hytek (PACKED)

Try out that mod its awesome and may be just what your looking for.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Hytek
      Participant

The mod I made (15cyndaquil linked it above) does the free flight you were wanting. One of the other features I’ve been working to make possible is the ability to stop midair and hover (or at least slow down to a craaaaawl). Haven’t succeeded yet but I’m still trying 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
      NowhereMan2014
      Participant

Ah yes I know I posted this last night and I checked a few hours ago and saw it, replied on the mod page as well, I am very grateful. Much more fun flying freely. Switched from controller to keyboard and immediately crashed lol, but still a much need mod, Thanks.

NowhereMan2014
      Participant

But yeah slowing down further than 30u would also just top it off.

nocturne213nocturne213
      Participant

I am using the Free Flight mod (boy am I beating up my poor ship) and would really love the ability to hover more than get close to the surface.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. --H.P. Lovecraft

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.