Re-creating old assets

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Talk Re-creating old assets

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      TheRealSh4d0wm4nTheRealSh4d0wm4n
      Participant

I think some of the old assets of the game looked much nicer than the final ones

Specifically the HUD and the crystal ores (or whatever they’re called).

I don’t have any experience in modding so I’ll leave this up to someone else ^^ but what I’m trying to say, is that it would be really cool, if someone would be able to recreate the old assets.

From what I’ve heard so far I think the ores are going to be easier than the HUD since, I think, it’s just a simple model replacement.

Just watching some old trailers and seeing that the old transparent HUD looks much nicer than the one we got in the end.

If anyone actually does this, it would be fucking amazing of you.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      vackillers2013vackillers2013
      Participant

Funny how things turn out. The hud was one of the first things that got modded really. As far as the crystal, they are in the game, someone managed to get them to spawn, but you cannot mine them, their just a prop and its a fully fledged model, like it doesn’t look anything remotely close to the E3 trailers apart from the shape of it:

in-game:

FULL credit for this goes to Dazzorm who posted his findings in the E3 Monoliths Mod discussion. Perhaps someone can fiddle around more with this?

Location of these models are in:

MODELS\PLANETS\BIOMES\CRYSTAL\LARGEPROP\PILLAR1.GEOMETRY.MBIN.PC

the small once around is in same folder, named SQUATPILLAR1.GEOMETRY.MBIN.PC

Like I said, full credit goes to Dazzorm (dunno if anyone else ever found them)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.