Mod request

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Kremit 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

ityu90
    Participant

Hi Everyone!

Somebody can make Millenium falcon ship skin? 🙂 Or Star trek Voyager??? 🙂

Duddley
    Participant

It would be amazing if there were a mod to let you use the mouse to look around the cockpit of your ship and map the keyboard keys to panning left/right

DooMSatanos
    Participant

hello people sry for my englich is very bad. The game is very very cool but I have the feeling that I am a flying camera would it be possible arms and legs insert as in any other things ego games that would give me more give the feeling as a human being in the game to be or is something not doable I hope they’re doing may still change what thx

edogn12
      edogn12
      Participant

Ya that would be very neat. The entire flying needs work as well. The game just seems unfinished to me.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        BalsaDawg
        BalsaDawg
        Participant

To me it’s not so much “unfinished” as it is “ripped up”.

Biggest consensus right now is that between E3 and Release they went in and stripped out loads of stuff. Mainly because the world of MMOs went from a subscription base to free-to-play with paid Downloadable Content.

And what happens when you take out core functions? Newer functionality tends to “break” in a domino effect and has to be patched back together or be taken out as well.

(NOTE: The following example is based on rumor, supposition and “conspiracy theory” style thinking mixed with too much caffeine, too little sleep, and a healthy dose of Advil Migraine) 

For example, we were told that we would be able to land on comets, meteors, asteroids, etc. and prospect. Then comets were nixed, so that meant the code for landing on them was removed. As luck would have it that code also took care of landing on meteors. Well, they nixed meteors so that took care of that. Sort of. There was still the asteroids. No problem. Take out landing on them as well. Problem solved. So now all you can land on is planets and stations. Yay… :-/

So, what does all this have to do with Subscriptions versus F2P and $DLC?

Everything.

Take a guess, a wild shot in the dark, as to what you will soon possibly have to pay to have the ability to do…

lol

BalsaDawg
      BalsaDawg
      Participant

That would be great, except for one thing:

Sony/Hello Games has not confirmed (nor denied) that the player’s avatar actually *IS* human. There has been a lot of innuendo (the “box art” poster for the game, etc.) and there is loads of circumstantial evidence (the grip on the multi-tool/chair and console designs/etc.), but no outright “Yes” has been given.

I think you hit the nail exactly on the head saying “I have the feeling that I am a flying camera”. I think right now that’s all the player is, maybe not even that. 

1 user thanked author for this post.
      BalsaDawg
      BalsaDawg
      Participant

And by the way…

Don’t be sorry for your supposed “bad english”…

You are leaps and bounds better than some I know who were born to it… 😛 

SciFiArtMan
    Participant

For me, my daytime skies are way over-lit and way too bright.  I’d love a packed mod that made the skies about 20-30% more colorful or darker, without affecting the other colors beyond the less-lit sky effect on the ground, etc..

Also, is there a packed mod to make the skies always dawn or dust or similar?

Thanks!

SciFiArtMan
    Participant

..or dusk, even!  🙂

(is there a way to edit a post after posting?)

mrb455
    Participant

I have never been a fan of auto-exit anyway but after pathfinder its worse, it throws you farther from your ship and in many cases it has been damaging even with using the jet pack. I liked the instant exit mod that worked before was nice, it kept you on your ship which helped if you landed on a tree or some narrow high place. I don’t know how to mod but I know there is some real talent here and hopefully someone will come up with one for this.

Kremit
    Participant

Sorry it took so long.. didn’t actually see this till today, but great minds think alike.. I’m alpha testing my latest mod, I call “MoarShips”, which replaces the shuttle proc gen ships with various (static) ships.. There’s nine in total, three from game files and six imported in.. Here’s some of my favorites:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Kremit.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.