Looking for MOD that ables you to move tech

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Help Looking for MOD that ables you to move tech

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jhl1989
      Participant

There are some tech that cannot be erased and are unmovable so I was wondering if there was a MOD that ables you to move tech in your inventory freely (all exo-suit,ship,and mining tool).

whiskeyplz
      Participant

I’d like this too. I tried taking a look at the tech and prod files but couldn’t find any attributes that seemed to indicate how each type was limited or not.  I couldn’t figure it out but it would be great to not have to re-farm resources when switching ships/guns each time.

Kremit
      Participant

TMK, nothing to relocate installed tech… but there is a mod that lets you dismantle any tech (rebuilding it may depend on a player’s abilities to install the tech.. I’d recommended to attempt dismantle + relocation after saving your game, this way if you can’t install a certain tech, you can reload and avoid dismantling it.. Despite the disclaimer warning with the mod, I was able to rebuild everything (life support, hazard protection, jetpack, launch thrusters, deflector shields, pulse drive, hyperdrive, mining beam, everything..)

It makes salvaging ships and dismantling tech on multi-tools prior to exchange even more profitable (or retains even more materials), which could be a good thing or a curse if you’re low on inventory slots.. nonetheless, the mod is called “NMS Dismantle Core Components” and is hosted here.. https://nomansskymods.com/mods/nms-dismantle-core-components/

Kremit
      Participant

Outside of Creative mode, it sucks having to still dismantle in order to relocate by re-installing.. but you can come close to little to no material cost expense if you dismantle your stuff before exchanging..

Example:
      Ship Salvaging:
      If I find a ship with more inventory slots and the desired W.R. tech, I’ll “upgrade”. This means I dismantle all the installed tech/equipment on my current ship prior to exchanging ships. This way I have most materials to repair the damaged tech. Otherwise, I’ll salvage the ship of everything (using the mod) and keep my current ship, with that many more mats to go in my containers.

Multi-Tool Exchange:
      Before exchanging your multi-tool, you’ll want a recent save state. However, if you find a multi-tool you like, don’t reload from a save state because it may generate a new seed and the gun may be different.. When you decide to upgrade your multi-tool, dismantle all your components to keep as many mats as you can.. Dismantle the tech on the new multi-tool (excluding any appropriately placed tech) as well, and again you have almost all the materials you need to re-equip your new multi-tool..

Need more materials? Hopefully you used to the ship salvage + container method so you can go back to your base and grab what you still need…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.