How to play with Joystick.
August 20, 2016 at 11:43 pm #163833ondik55Participant
Okay so the game doesn’t have Joystick support. But I really want to play with my Saitek.
So I remembered that I played GTA IV with steering wheel using program called x360ce.
The trick is that you’re Joystick seems to game like usual Xbox 360 gamepad.
I tested this with Saitek ST290pro on Windows 7 64-bit.
Video of playing NMS with joystick here:
So all you have to do is:
1. download that software from http://www.x360ce.com/. (I used 64-bit version).
2. Put x360ce_x64.exe into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\No Man’s Sky\Binaries
3. Launch x360ce_x64.exe as administrator. It will create few files and you need to configurate it (best is to delete all the default assings and do that by you’re self).
Article to help you with configuration: http://wiretuts.com/how-to-use-x360ce-emulator-with-pc-games/
4. This is IMPORTANT! Close x360ce and rename xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll
5. right click on x360ce_x64.exe -> properties -> compatibility and check run it as administrator.
6. Launch x360ce again and click on tab “Controller Settings” and check drop menu “Program / Game:” There should be “NMS.exe: No Man’s Sky” selected. If not select it and click on “Save”.
7. Done. Enjoy NMS with joystick.
If it does not work:
Dont let you’re hopes down just yet.
Be sure you have any Xbox 360 controller disconnect from PC.
You could also try this:
Rename xinput1_3.dll / xinput9_1_0.dll to some of these.
Or this:Valiant™ původně napsal:
I change a few things in the emulator and it works. First i added disk X: in Game scan locations under Options, thats where my game is. And under game settings i checked the 64-bit v9.1 and 64-bit v1.3.
X= Disk where you’re game files are.
I am adding picture of default Xbox controller scheme for ship as attachment to help you with configuration in x360ce.
I recommend to change controls in x360ce and not inside ingame settings becouse ingame settings doesnt allow you to change everything. In x360ce you can also setup things like deadzones and sensitivity.
Here is original thread on steam i made.
I hope i helped even little bit and it works for you. If not feel free to comment.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
November 12, 2020 at 10:35 am #194782
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.