How To Install Mods
- This topic is empty.
- August 18, 2016 at 7:06 pm #163255
- April 10, 2017 at 11:46 pm #173350samascottParticipant
When i try it wont work
- April 25, 2017 at 7:29 am #173909fenrichwulfParticipant
Is there an updated tutorial for the pathfinder patch?
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 10, 2017 at 5:15 am #174879MT-12Participant
my “no mans sky” version is “codex.
are they mods working in this version (codex)?
- June 30, 2017 at 12:21 am #175052
So you’re asking for assistance to help mod your pirated version of No Man’s Sky? Lol, wow, no shame huh?
- July 6, 2017 at 1:02 am #175135papermasterParticipant
how come none of my mods work
- July 6, 2017 at 10:15 pm #175141
Do you honestly want help/assistance? Asking us why your mods don’t work without giving us any other information will not help you to resolve your issue.
Can you take a screenshot of your PCBANKS folder and MODS folders and paste them into your next reply. They’re usually located here;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\No Man’s Sky\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\No Man’s Sky\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS\MODS
- July 30, 2017 at 11:20 pm #175713
The only difference between the video and installing mods in a post-FOUNDATION platform is the “MODS” folder.. the game won’t find mods in the PCBANKS folder, it doesn’t look there for them.. place them in a folder named “MODS” and make sure that folder is in the “PCBANKS” folder..
and seriously, if you’re having issues with mods, it helps to state what/which mod(s) is/are in question.. as well as things you’ve tried to resolve the issue and the outcomes of those attempts..
- August 9, 2017 at 12:46 am #175908tritbergParticipant
My mods are not working, and I have no absolute idea why. Here is my situation. I am using “Realistic-Plant-and-Tree-Sizes”, “Crescent-Worlds”, “BetterEnvironment”, and the E3 Overhall mod. I have them in D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\No Man’s Sky\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS\MODS (I created the mods folder). I have tried using one or two of each of the mods at a time with the same result. I must be doing something wrong?
- August 9, 2017 at 10:25 am #175909cheesyParticipant
i tryed all steps and nothing workd for me, any advice?
and yes i did make a subfolder and deletet the shaderchache 😀
i even tryd without the subfolder, and tryed mods from Nexus and from this site nothing workd for me 🙁
Hope someone can help 😀
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- August 9, 2017 at 11:40 pm #175913
well, for starters, it looks like you still have the disablemods.txt file located in your PCBANKS folder.. After that, if you’re still having a problem with a mod (and it’s in the MODS folder), then chances are it is either an outdated mod (Pre-Pathfinder), or it’s conflicting with another mod you do have installed.. To eliminated conflicts, isolate the mod and then test it.. if a mod conflict was present prior to isolating the mod in question, then the mod should work correctly.. if the mod still doesn’t work correctly after being isolated in the MODS folder, then the mod is probably out of date and incompatible with the current version of NMS (which is about to be updated this week and will break all mods regardless if you get this fixed or not)
- August 9, 2017 at 11:56 pm #175914
I completely agree with Kremit, delete the disablemods.txt file and you should be good. As long as that file exists your mods will not work.
Now on a more current note; With patch 1.3 so close to going active if you’re experiencing issues with your mods you’ll want to remove them and test them one-by-one. There’s a very big chance that most mods won’t work once patch 1.3 is live, this happens with all games. Give modders the time to make the changes needed in order for the mods to work again. This is just an FYI, I want every NMS fan to enjoy everything that Hello Games has been working so hard to create.
- August 18, 2017 at 10:21 am #176626creativeworksParticipant
Guys – Can’t get the Mods to work – I have done all of the above and removed the disablemods file unlike others here.
Not sure what to do next..
- August 18, 2017 at 1:36 pm #176628
if the mod still doesn’t work correctly after being isolated in the MODS folder, then the mod is probably out of date and incompatible with the current version of NMS (which is about to be updated this week and will break all mods regardless if you get this fixed or not)
- August 30, 2017 at 2:48 pm #177475damainx2000Participant
Whenever I try to delete the disablemods.txt file, I cannot start the game. This is for GOG version, 1.34.
Any help is appreciated.
- August 30, 2017 at 7:24 pm #177482
- August 31, 2017 at 5:28 pm #177504damainx2000Participant
Thanks, that fixed it! I found the offending mod and removed it, then, renamed the DISABLEMODS.txt file and it run fine now.
- March 12, 2019 at 7:19 am #186049owreventwifiParticipant
Thanks for sharing this informative post. keep sharing with us.
- May 16, 2019 at 1:28 pm #186658Godislove4uParticipant
Jesus God’s Son died for you too,He is alive !
- August 25, 2019 at 11:16 pm #188290
- September 10, 2019 at 7:14 am #188648SagarEsparkParticipant
- September 10, 2019 at 10:28 pm #188654
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.