How To Install Mods

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Tutorials How To Install Mods

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  damainx2000 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Zenin
    Zenin
    Keymaster

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Zenin Zenin.

samascott
    Participant

When i try it wont work

creativeworks
      Participant

Yes I can’t get any Mod to work – The game does know I’m trying to run them as it warns me at the start. But not change ingame.

fenrichwulf
    Participant

Is there an updated tutorial for the pathfinder patch?

Bboymw
      Participant

THANKS YOU I REALLY ENJOIED THIS GAME THANKS THIS VIDEO!

AND NOW THAT NO MAN’S SKY WAS UPDATED WITH PATHFINDER PATCH WHAT SHOULD I DO TO INSTALL MODS? 

MT-12
    Participant

hello.

my “no mans sky” version is “codex.

are they mods working in this version (codex)?

Shaddoh98
      Participant

So you’re asking for assistance to help mod your pirated version of No Man’s Sky? Lol, wow, no shame huh?

papermaster
    Participant

how come none of my mods work

Shaddoh98
      Participant

Do you honestly want help/assistance? Asking us why your mods don’t work without giving us any other information will not help you to resolve your issue.

Can you take a screenshot of your PCBANKS folder  and   MODS folders and paste them into your next reply. They’re usually located here;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\No Man’s Sky\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS

AND

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\No Man’s Sky\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS\MODS

Kremit
    Participant

The only difference between the video and installing mods in a post-FOUNDATION platform is the “MODS” folder.. the game won’t find mods in the PCBANKS folder, it doesn’t look there for them.. place them in a folder named “MODS” and make sure that folder is in the “PCBANKS” folder..

and seriously, if you’re having issues with mods, it helps to state what/which mod(s) is/are in question.. as well as things you’ve tried to resolve the issue and the outcomes of those attempts..

tritberg
    Participant

Hello.

My mods are not working, and I have no absolute idea why. Here is my situation. I am using “Realistic-Plant-and-Tree-Sizes”, “Crescent-Worlds”,  “BetterEnvironment”, and the E3 Overhall mod. I have them in D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\No Man’s Sky\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS\MODS (I created the mods folder). I have tried using one or two of each of the mods at a time with the same result. I must be doing something wrong?

cheesy
    Participant

Screenshot-2

Hi 

i tryed all steps and nothing workd for me, any advice?

and yes i did make a subfolder and deletet the shaderchache 😀

i even tryd without the subfolder, and tryed mods from Nexus and from this site nothing workd for me 🙁

thx

PS: Pictures to showScreenshot-2

20170809121803_1

Hope someone can help 😀

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  cheesy.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kremit
    Participant

well, for starters, it looks like you still have the disablemods.txt file located in your PCBANKS folder.. After that, if you’re still having a problem with a mod (and it’s in the MODS folder), then chances are it is either an outdated mod (Pre-Pathfinder), or it’s conflicting with another mod you do have installed.. To eliminated conflicts, isolate the mod and then test it.. if a mod conflict was present prior to isolating the mod in question, then the mod should work correctly.. if the mod still doesn’t work correctly after being isolated in the MODS folder, then the mod is probably out of date and incompatible with the current version of NMS (which is about to be updated this week and will break all mods regardless if you get this fixed or not)

Shaddoh98
    Participant

I completely agree with Kremit, delete the disablemods.txt file and you should be good. As long as that file exists your mods will not work.

Now on a more current note; With patch 1.3 so close to going active if you’re experiencing issues with your mods you’ll want to remove them and test them one-by-one. There’s a very big chance that most mods won’t work once patch 1.3 is live, this happens with all games. Give modders the time to make the changes needed in order for the mods to work again. This is just an FYI, I want every NMS fan to enjoy everything that Hello Games has been working so hard to create.

Later all!

Shaddoh98

creativeworks
    Participant

Guys – Can’t get the Mods to work – I have done all of the above and removed the disablemods file unlike others here.

Not sure what to do next..

Kremit
    Participant

if the mod still doesn’t work correctly after being isolated in the MODS folder, then the mod is probably out of date and incompatible with the current version of NMS (which is about to be updated this week and will break all mods regardless if you get this fixed or not)

damainx2000
    Participant

Whenever I try to delete the disablemods.txt file, I cannot start the game. This is for GOG version, 1.34.

Any help is appreciated.

Kremit
    Participant

sounds like you have an old mod that’s getting loaded.. I have some Pathfinder mods that I had to remove because NMS would CTD during the Hello Games Logo screen (before the Havok/Wwise logo screen seen before the mod warning)..

1 user thanked author for this post.

damainx2000
    Participant

Thanks, that fixed it! I found the offending mod and removed it, then, renamed the DISABLEMODS.txt file and it run fine now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.