Help with mod causing crash on startup
- August 28, 2016 at 3:10 am #165798ViggyNashParticipant
I’m trying to make a mod by modifying METADATA\SIMULATION\SOLARSYSTEM\BIOMES\BIOMELISTPERSTARTYPE.MBIN using MBINCompile for de/recompilation and the original psarc tool for extracting the original files and packing the mod. I named it with _ at the front of the file name. With my mod added in, my game crashes on startup, but without it it works fine. I have tried deleting the shader cache before adding in my mod and re-running.
Any ideas why it is doing this?
- August 30, 2016 at 4:51 am #166304ThinkGreenParticipant
Not sure it would change anything, but try removing the ”_” before the name.. i dont write my mods names with a ‘_’ and they load fine.. but i see that most mods are named with the “_” first so it should work too.. why are mods starting with _ ?
- August 31, 2016 at 2:19 am #166472ViggyNashParticipant
What I’ve read is that it’s better to have the mods load before the base game, and the _ will guarantee that the mods are read first.
I guess I could try putting it at the end as well.
- August 31, 2016 at 7:41 am #166515ThinkGreenParticipant
Really? Oh i didnt know that.. i never write my mods with _ int he beginning and it always works fine.. i guess i should rename them then.. not sure..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.