HELP, No Man's Sky not accepting DDS files [SOLVED]

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Help HELP, No Man's Sky not accepting DDS files [SOLVED]

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by jeffreyburdick jeffreyburdick 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

revevil
    Participant

Hello,

I am attempting to modify WARP.DDS texture to create a nicer looking warp tunnel. I understand that you can output DDS files in Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, or Paint.net. I don’t give a crap about Photoshop. I have tried with Gimp and Paint.net. I have tried both DXT1 and DXT5 compression with and without using mipmaps. Everyone seems to have a different opinion about the EXACT OUTPUT SETTINGS required to save a DDS file that is compatible with No Man’s Sky. So WTF is it? I have looked literally everywhere on the Internet and cannot find specific info on how to do this.

So, if anyone can help me with this, great. If nobody knows, then I will start messaging people who already made these mods.

Thanks.

UPDATE – Nevermind, I got it to work! So… in case anyone wanted to know, I used DXT1 compression with no mipmaps with Paint.net. Seems to work perfectly. I’m going to sit here and do some additional testing. If all goes well, new mod should be released in a couple hours…

-revevil

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  revevil.
    jeffreyburdick
    jeffreyburdick
    Participant

Thanks for the help and good advice 🙂

Being Human and Educate Others 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.