No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Help Help needed with GLOBAL.MBINs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      darconizer
      Participant

Hi there, 

I need some help.

My problem is:

I can edit the pak and mbin files with psarc and mbincompiler but it only works with all the files in subfolders. I already changed sounds, textures, scenes etc.

But as soon as I mod the GCxxxGLOBALS.GLOBAL.MBIN files the game will not load the modded ones and will be vanilla. What am I doing wrong ?

I also unpacked the PAK file from Hytek´s LowFlight for trying. As soon as I repack the unchanged Hytek´s GCSPACESHIPGLOBALS.GLOBAL.MBIN with psarc into a pak file the mod doesn´t work anymore.

Any idea ?  

darconizer
      Participant

I tried again but failed. With the latest Compiler from Monkeyman I just decompiled Hyteks Lowflight again. Then I compiled the exml bak to mbin and repacked it with psarc. Effect: Mod does not work anymore, although I didn´t change anything but simply unpacked, decompiled, compiled, repacked.
      I don´t get it… 🙁
      This problem is only with the GLOBAL-Files in the root directory. All the other mbins in subfolders are no problem.

Any idea someone ?

There are MODs here, that use changed GLOBAL.MBIN files with the latest NMS 1.3. Hey modders, how did you manage ?

03woodm
      Participant

this is a direct download link to the mbincompiler than can succesfully unpack and repack gcspaceshipglobals for nms 1.3 foundation

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/215569790801018880/265281235721388033/MBINCompiler.exe

darconizer
        Participant

IT WORKS !  IT WORKS !  IT WORKS !!!!!!!!

Thank you so much !  You´re my personal hero ! 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.