[GUIDE] Creating custom exosuit voices
- August 22, 2016 at 9:33 pm #164385
We’re going to learn to make custom voices for No Man’s Sky using text-to-speech. Some post-processing effects will be added and everything will be imported back into the game. It’s gonna be a bit of work, be patient! I can’t dumb it down more, sorry. I’ve added a zip containing this tutorial in pdf and some files you’ll need.
Download and install:
- Audio software. I’m using Adobe Audition but Audacity works too.
- Wwise: https://www.audiokinetic.com/download
- Balabolka: http://www.cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.htm
- SAPI TTS voices. Free ones: http://www.zero2000.com/free-text-to-speech-natural-voices.html
- AntRenamer: http://www.antp.be/software/renamer
- FreeCommander+psarc: http://nomansskymods.com/mods/freecommanderxe-2016-psarc/
Part 1: Creating the audio
– Create a new folder structure like: C:\[ProjectName]\wav
– Open Balabolka.
– Open NMS wem-voices.xlsx
It’s a list of the exosuit files with .wem number and description, 134 for english.
– Copy the cells under transcription as seen below and paste them in Balabolka
(last cell left empty intentionally).
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- August 22, 2016 at 10:41 pm #164440
If you wanna use foreign voices to speak english you have to be creative:
- “Raydiationn protectiunn. Staybilaaizing.”
- “Kreeticol damege taykeun.”
- “Communcing atlas systems suutt initialaaisaytiunn.”
- “Maltitul & maaining laysur attachmundt. Opuhraytional.”
I fed this into Balabolka for my french voice mod. 😀
- August 23, 2016 at 12:35 pm #164573bobsyouruncle88Participant
Hi Locutusan, thanks for creating this tutorial. I followed your instructions which were included in the pdf the only difference being that I used audacity instead of adobe audition. I’ve had trouble getting the sounds to actually work though the exosuits voices are muted, and will only work again once I replaced them with either the default .wem or the .wem from your french exosuit mod.
skipped the TTS thing and just recorded my own stuff.
exported all audio from audacity as 16bit PCM .wav files with 22050hz as the rate.
launched Wwise and set the project default conversion settings to Vog Orbis High
used Wwise and converted all audio files to .wem
renamed my .wem to the correct file names
created a mod .pak with Freecommander
finally I placed my mod in PCBANKS and once in game all the exosuit voices are muted 🙁
- August 24, 2016 at 10:45 am #164825
Could you post one of your wav files so I can check it?
- August 24, 2016 at 10:54 am #164826
Are the files mono?
- August 24, 2016 at 1:17 pm #164844
Ah shit I forgot something. Make sure the PSARC settings are:
- August 25, 2016 at 7:02 pm #165117
I’ve updated my pdf guide, go check it out.
- August 26, 2016 at 5:08 am #165231slamhammerParticipant165230 wrote:
Right in the screenshots above it shows the files are 22Khz not 16khz
UGH, can’t EDIT POSTS
I misread your post, yes it’s 16bit mono, and it’s 22Khz
- September 3, 2016 at 7:45 pm #167201SecretNenteusParticipant
That freeCommander + Psarc link is a 404. Any alternative link?
- September 6, 2016 at 10:39 am #167775boogerballsParticipant
Already made 2 voice mods with this tutorial. Awesome work. Just, how does localization work? For instance if a brazilian player who uses PT BR language, how do I get the mod to work for them? In the excel I see its 131 lines. I matched these. Then what?
- September 8, 2016 at 12:00 pm #167941boogerballsParticipant
Alright, if anyone wants to know how to localize. Extract the NMSARC.B9700502 folder. There you will see what folder to make to create a localized exosuit voice mod. for instance AUDIO\PORTUGUESE(BRAZILIAN)
In the excel file from the guy who made this tutorial you will find what the names of the files should be for that language.
This is all the additional info you need to localize a voice mod.
- September 9, 2016 at 9:48 pm #168165TheOCDninjaParticipant
Where’s the PDF & NMS wem-voices.xlsx? I can’t find it. Also, like stated before, some of these are dead links.
- September 9, 2016 at 9:50 pm #168167
- March 11, 2019 at 6:43 am #186047trustedessayreviewsParticipant
Thanks you so much for giving us this detailed description.
Trusted Essay Reviews has expert critics who conduct in-depth research about online essay writing services.
- December 10, 2019 at 8:48 am #191304
- August 3, 2020 at 10:23 am #193393
- August 13, 2020 at 5:02 pm #193512LineaParticipant
Being an academic writer from the past 5 years providing Business assignment help writing services to college and university students also associated with Totalassignmenthelp.com platform. I am dedicated to providing best online academic writing services to the college students at the affordable rates.
Total Assignment Help
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.