Reply To: [Request] More storage lockers for us horders!

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Talk [Request] More storage lockers for us horders! Reply To: [Request] More storage lockers for us horders!

devrossik43
Participant

Do not be limited by your perceptions!

Get “No Mans Sky Save Editor” at this site.  The author’s not finished with the Pathfinder update, but not to worry.  Open your current save.  See error.  Click “Continue” to blow past error.  From the Tools menu, open the raw JSON editor.  Switch to the text view.

Search for “Chest1” (or “Chest2” through “Chest10”).

You might see this, and think “ah ha!”  But, no, that’s not it:

"Chest1Layout": {
      "Slots": 10,    <<< Ooooh! . . . Nope.  I think this means you can have 10 chests.
      "Seed": [

Scroll past:

"Chest1Inventory": {
      "Slots": [

And past:

"ValidSlotIndices": [

To this:

"Class": {
        "InventoryClass": "C"
      },
      "SubstanceMaxStorageMultiplier": 4,    <<< Multiplier for substances, base of 250, so 4 x 250 = 1000 per slot
      "ProductMaxStorageMultiplier": 10,     <<< Multiplier for products, base of 1, so 10 x 1 = 10 per slot
      "BaseStatValues": [],                  <<< Dunno what this is
      "SpecialSlots": [],                    <<< Dunno what this is
      "Width": 3,                            <<< Width of valid columns (max 3)
      "Height": 3,                           <<< Height of valid columns (max 3), so 3 x 3 = 9 slot chest
      "IsCool": false,
      "Version": 1

Lots of cool stuff here.  The width and height set the allowed grid for slots.  Max is 3 x 3 = 9 slots.  I tried bigger but the game just cut it back.  The multiplier sets the slot capacity for substances (like stuff you mine) and products (like stuff you build).  The base values are 250 for substances and 1 for products.  In your exosuit, the multipliers are both 1, so substances stack to 250 and products to 1.  But in your ship and freighter and chests, the multipliers can be set higher — much higher.  I have my ship at 24/40, and both freighter and chests at 36/80 right now.  Don’t want to be greedy.  There are multipliers in the save file for the exosuit but you cannot change them :-(.

Thus, with a 9-slot chest, and (36 x 250 =) 9000 units of, say, Heridium per slot, I can have 81,000 units of Heridium in a chest.

Once you have set the 3 x 3 grid for the slots, you must actually create the active slots.  Go back to this part:

Each of the entries here defines an active slot on an X,Y coordinate system that starts with 0,0 in the upper left corner and goes to 2,2 in the lower right corner.  You must define each of the 9 slots.  Order does not matter.  Watch your punctuation here, because it must form a valid JSON data structure.  For example, note that the last set of coordinates does not have a comma following the closing brace:

{
          "X": 0,
          "Y": 0
        },
        {
          "X": 1,
        },
        {
          "X": 2,
        },
        {
          "Y": 1
        },
        {
        },
        {
        },
        {
          "Y": 2
        },
        {
        },
        {
        }
      ],

Note:  You can also make all of these changes in the tree view of the JSON editor, but personally, I find it too clumsy and slow for major edits.  It will, however, protect you from making formatting mistakes.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  You must change back to tree view before saving your changes, or they will not save!  It’s a little bug, but no big deal.