Reply To: How to create you own .pak file that modifies exisiting .pak?

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Help How to create you own .pak file that modifies exisiting .pak? Reply To: How to create you own .pak file that modifies exisiting .pak?

mattstryker
Participant

Okay, I downloaded your zip and packed it, and it worked!  I see an obvious change I need to make to the texture involving it’s alpha channel and I need to make the orange and yellow closer to the center, but the mod worked!  So now I’ve painstakingly gone through everything about everything between the one you sent back and the one I made, and I can NOT see any differences.  My ONLY guess is that Windows 10 didn’t like me changing the file extensions to all caps.  I changed it, but in the window it was in caps and when you hover over the file it is still lower case, so I guess Windows 10 was trying to humor me. I tried changing them to a totally different extension and then changing them back but with caps, and that might or might not work, but I haven’t repacked it and tried it yet.  Thanks for all your help!  When I get back to work on Monday, I’ll mess with my textures (I have Photoshop at work) and try it again.

1 user thanked author for this post.