Reply To: How to create you own .pak file that modifies exisiting .pak?

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Help How to create you own .pak file that modifies exisiting .pak? Reply To: How to create you own .pak file that modifies exisiting .pak?

mattstryker
Participant

I guess I need a lot more hand holding than most of you.  I don’t understand the example of how to repack files.  What exactly would I type in this situation?  I have modified 3 texture files and put them back into their directory:

TEXTURES/COMMON/SPACECRAFT/SHARED/ENGINEGLOW.1.DDS, ENGINEGLOW.2.DDS, and ENGINEGLOW.3.DDS

The example above that says, “psarc.exe create -a -y –zlib –inputfile=NMSARC.CE8DDE7C.txt –output=NMSARC.CE8DDE7C.pak” doesn’t make any sense to me, because I am an idiot.  How do I tell it that there are 3 input files, not one, and how does it know the full directory path?

Can I make a simple “_mod” file with just those 3 files, or do I need to repack the entire original .pak file somehow?  I really just need somebody to type out exactly what I need to type so that I can figure out other stuff in  the future myself.  Thanks!