Reply To: Mod Request: Retrieve & input search info through the galactic map for sharing.

No Man’s Sky Mods Forums Modding Talk Mod Request: Retrieve & input search info through the galactic map for sharing. Reply To: Mod Request: Retrieve & input search info through the galactic map for sharing.

cubfuzzy
Participant

Yes there is! The issue is places that you discovered are saved in the save files as a single number, say 347236482364 which is currently not possible to convert to the cord system. However, you can capture the fully exposed solar system cords and player location in the solar system cords (there are two different sets of cords) on save. This is where my idea for NMS Location Manager was born.

The whole purpose for the NMS Location Manager is so that you capture and share your saved locations so that you andĀ other people can load them in and be teleported to them (or set them as waypoints on the star map)! The sharing bit is the next phase I have plannedĀ for the application.

The application will (later/soon) interact with a dedicated server (http://nmsmap.info) to store information that can later be pulled by other people via an API.

I just wrote the NMS Location Manager yesterday and the current release does not have this yet since it’s a test release to ensure the system is working for people instead of just myself.

1 user thanked author for this post.